Sunday 21 October 2007

Saturday Stampers - Winter

Over at Saturday Stampers this week the
theme is 'Winter'
-------------------------------------
All I could come up with this morning was
christmasy type themes which for some
reason just didn't work.. Maybe it's because
I'm not in christmas mode yet. I'm denying
all knowledge until Novermber, at which time
I'll start panicking and running round like a
headless chicken lol
I ended up using a photo of the trees in my garden
that was taken last winter. I seem to use this photo
a lot (it's even on my blog header lol) but thought
it would be perfect for the theme this week.
I embossed the tree's to give them an even more
wintery feel.

21 comments:

Andrea, said...

Love your card and that is such a beautiful photo

Galina Varese said...

Gorgeous photo, Em! Beautiful colours! very elegant

joanne wardle said...

wow , it looks like an engraving. it's beautiful

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful card. great card. love it.

Anonymous said...

love everything about this Em, love black and white, love the trees, obviously lol and love the wintery feel to it. stunning card, I really love it.
Kaz :o)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!!

Penny said...

Love it, it's stark and wintery and perfect!

Gillian .... said...

wow, what a fab image, you have captured the winter look perfectly em, love the B&W:) x

Karin said...

Great wonderful wintery feel to this Emma. :o)

K said...

great winter scene!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful winter scene.
I too had a very similar problem to you. Xmas is not happening!!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Emma. really has a 3d feel to it.

Claudette said...

wonderful card

Deb said...

Incredible card, it is absolutely stunning, I love the embossing to the photograph, great effect!

Caroline Moore said...

ooo its lovely Emma - very 3d looking and good idea to emboss it.

Heather Robinson said...

Em, you have captured the starkness and feel of winter beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Fabulously cold and wintery. lol @ headless chicken syndrome lol

Seona said...

Emma this is the most beautiful thing I have seen in such a long time! The trees are amazing and with the tones and the embossing you have created a real mnystical feel to it. Did I mention that I love it. x x

Anonymous said...

Wow, really winter.

Sadie said...

That picture looks amazing, it looks like it has texture to it, like it has been embossed or something.
What a beautiful from your house.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Very impressive card and stylish ,Dawnx